I know it can take a while to adjust when moving from a point and shoot camera to a DSLR. So I’ve put these tips and resources together (in no particular order) for photographers who are just starting out with DSLR’s. Although I’m sure they are a good reminder for all of us.
13 Resources for DSLR Beginners – Lucky for some!
+1 – 12 Tips for DSLR Beginners! Don’t forget to check out our very own Tips…
1. 10 tips for Digital SLR beginners – useful and simple tips for anyone starting out with a DSLR.
2. 10 tips for the new Digital SLR photographer – I love to see different photographers views when asked what their top 10 tips would be?
3. A guide to the ins and outs of a DSLR camera – If you want to become familiar with all the buttons and what is what on your DSLR. Then this is the place to go.
4. 10 tips for people photography– 10 simple tips and techniques to create amazing portrait photography. If you’d like to try out portrait photography then this is definitely worth a read.
5. Find the best DSLR lens – Not sure which lens to buy, prime or zoom. Or which focal length is best? This is a 6 step guide to help you choose the right lens for you.
6. Rule of thirds – Would you like some help with composition? Then use the rule of thirds to create eye catching photographs.
7. Learning about Exposure – the Exposure Triangle – Learning the basics of exposure is essential…there’s really nothing else to say on the matter!
8. Lighting 101 – If you’re feeling a little more adventurous and would like to learn more about lighting, then take a look at Strobist’s Lighting 101 series.
9. Photoshop tips and tricks for beginners – Post processing digital images to some degree or other is common place these days. But learning how to use the software can be time consuming and have a steep learning curve. So if you’re feeling lost with Photoshop, one of the most popular pieces of software. Then this could be a good place to start.
10. Using focal points in photography – We are all looking to improve and create more interesting photographs that draw the viewer in. Knowing where and what you want your focal point to be is an important part of the process.
11. 18 bite-size photo tips – if you’re just looking for a quick tip or two. Then take a look at these tips from Neil’s twitter page.
12. Depth of Field simplified – This is a quick tutorial that easily explains what DOF or Depth of Field is and how it is achieved.
13. 7 bad habits of Digital Photographers – If you don’t want to fall into bad photography habits as a beginner. Then take a look at these. I’ve noticed one or two that I fall into – ooopps.
If your looking for more DSLR resources then try our DSLR Tips section!
Do you have any more tips for photographers just starting out with DSLR’s? Feel free to add them in the comments below…